MC Luminary HCF is a hospital grade cable for patient care areas for LED and Fluorescent dimming, utilizing redundant ground per NEC 517.13.
MC Luminary HCF is the luminary healthcare version of our standard MC Luminary Cable with the addition of the redundant ground required for NEC 517.13. Both the armor and the full sized aluminum ground/bonding conductor, in combination with the full sized green insulated copper grounding conductor, act as the equipment grounding means per NEC 250.0118(10)(b). This provides the necessary redundancy to ensure the highest level of safety in patient care areas.
The new lighting control wire design responds to the rapidly increasing use of solid state LED and fluorescent lighting fixtures in luminary healthcare applications. Dimming systems in patient areas can reduce lighting costs by automatically turning off the lights when the room is empty, or reducing the amount of light to ensure the comfort of patients.
Painted green to identify it for healthcare applications, MC Luminary HCF reduces time and labor to install by combining power and control circuits under one armor. In addition, Kaf-Tech has reduced installation time by extruding the protective polypropylene covering directly over the THHN insulation to eliminate the need to remove it from around the assembly.
For instructions on how to terminate the aluminum ground/bond wire in conjunction with the armor, refer to our MC Stat installation guide.
Features & Benefits
- U.S. Patent 10,431,353 | U.S Patent 8,088,997
- Manufactured with purple and pink control conductors. Compliant with 2020 NEC® Sec 410.69.
- Save up to 30% labor and installation costs compared to traditional installation methods
- Interlocked aluminum strip
- Made in USA of US and/or imported materials
- Approved for use in patient care areas per NEC® 517.13
- Parallel bonding/grounding conductor for faster termination
- Branch circuits in areas of patient care in hospitals, nursing homes, outpatient facilities, dental offices, clinics and medical centers (other than emergency, life safety or critical care locations)
- Permits conductors of circuits to be placed in a cable with conductors of electric light, power, or Class 1 circuits
- LED and Fluorescent dimming systems
- Smart Buildings
Interlocked Aluminum Strip (Plain)
THHN + Protective Polypropylene Cover (Power)
Maximum Temperature Rating
Grounding: Two grounding means
(1)Combined armor and full-sized aluminum ground conductor NEC® 250.118(10)(b)
(2)Full-sized green insulated copper grounding conductor
16 AWG Solid TFN Twisted Pink Jacketed Pair (Purple/Pink)
Maximum Voltage Rating
References & Ratings
- UL 66, 83, 1479, 1569, 1581, 2556, File Reference E80042
- NEC® 250.118, 300, 330, 392, 396, 501, 502, 503,
504, 505, 517, 518, 520, 530, 645, 690.31(G) Solar Voltaic applications, 725
- Permits conductors of control circuits to be placed in a
cable with conductors of electric light, power, or Class
- Federal Specification A-A-59544 (formerly J-C-30B)
- Meets all applicable OSHA and HUD Requirements
- Cable Tray Rated, install per NEC®
- UL Classified 1, 2, and 3 hour through penetration
(Fire Stop)product, R14141
- NEC® 300.22(C) other spaces used for environmental
- Power and/or lighting as well as signal and/or control
conductors per NEC® Section 725.136(I)(1)
- May be surface mounted, fished and/or embedded
|Trade Size||Grounding Conductor |
|Bare Alum. Bonding/|
|LH04-42-L00||LH04-60-L00||16-2 (TPJ) (Purple, Pink) 12-2 (Black, White)||12-1 (Green)||10||197||0.708|
|LH04-42-L01||LH04-60-L01||16-2 (TPJ) (Purple, Pink) 12-2 (Brown, Gray)||12-1 (Green)||10||197||0.708|
|LH04-42-L02||LH04-60-L02||16-2 (TPJ) (Purple, Pink) 12-2 (Orange, Gray)||12-1 (Green)||10||197||0.708|
|LH04-42-L03||LH04-60-L03*||16-2 (TPJ) (Purple, Pink) 12-2 (Yellow, Gray)||12-1 (Green)||10||197||0.708|
|LH04-42-L04*||LH04-60-L04*||16-2 (TPJ) (Purple, Pink) 12-2 (Red, White)||12-1 (Green)||10||197||0.708|
|LH04-42-L05*||LH04-60-L05*||16-2 (TPJ) (Purple, Pink) 12-2 (Blue, White)||12-1 (Green)||10||197||0.708|
|LH05-42-L00||LH05-60-L00||16-2 (TPJ) (Purple, Pink) 12-3 (Black, Red, White)||12-1 (Green)||10||227||0.751|
|LH05-42-L01||LH05-60-L01*||16-2 (TPJ) (Purple, Pink) 12-3 (Brown, Orange, Gray)||12-1 (Green)||10||227||0.751|
|LH07-42-L00*||LH07-60-L00*||16-2 (TPJ) (Purple, Pink) 10-2 (Black, White)||10-1 (Green)||8||256||0.758|
|LH07-42-L01*||LH07-60-L01*||16-2 (TPJ) (Purple, Pink) 10-2 (Brown, Gray)||10-1 (Green)||8||256||0.758|
|Stranded (16-2 Solid)|
|LH58-42-L00||LH58-60-L00*||16-2 (TPJ) (Purple, Pink) 12-2 (Black, White)||12-1 (Green)||10||202.4||0.725|
|LH58-42-L01*||LH58-60-L01*||16-2 (TPJ) (Purple, Pink) 12-2 (Brown, Gray)||12-1 (Green)||10||202.4||0.725|
All dimensions and weights are subject to normal manufacturing tolerances.
Other conductor colors available by special order.
*Non-stock items require lead time and minimum quantity order.
MC Luminary Cable is intended for use in non-shielded applications.