This specification covers Kaf-Tech, Inc. Liquid-Tuff Non-UL Extreme Temperature Liquidtight, Flexible Metal Conduit designed for use where operation at a high temperature is required. The product is appropriate for continuous use at 150°C (302°F) in a dry location, 70°C in a wet location or oily location. The Liquid-Tuff Extreme Temperature jacket material is halogen-free, meets UL 94HB flammability requirements and has a low temperature brittle point of -60°C (-76°F).
The product is designed to be used for specific applications where Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL) or other agency approvals are not required.
- High quality thermoplastic rubber jacket – Black
- Ability to withstand extremes in temperature
- Hot dipped zinc galvanized low carbon steel core
- Halogen free
- Oil and ozone resistant
- Superior flexibility
- Resists extremes in temperature
- Very high operating temperatures
- For location requiring halogen free conduits
- Industrial applications
- Indoor or outdoor locations
- Provides mechanical protection for conductors
The Non-UL EXTREME TEMPERATURE Liquidtight, Flexible Steel Conduit core shall be formed into a very flexible interlocked steel conduit from a zinc coated galvanized low carbon steel strip having a uniform width and thickness. The convolutions of the interlock shall be filed with a fibrous material designed to promote flexibility.
Jacket – TPR
A rugged moisture, oil and ozone resistant thermoplastic elastomer jacket shall be extruded directly over the interlocked very flexible steel core. The jacket is halogen free, has a UL 94HB Flammability Rating and has a –60°C (–76°F) Low Temperature Brittle Point when tested in accordance with ASTM® D–746. 720-Hour Xenon-Arc sunlight/weather resistance – ASTM D2565 and ASTM G155.
- 150°C/302°F Dry – Continuous use
- 70°C Oily and wet
- –60°C/–76°F Low temperature brittle point
References & Ratings
- Meets UL 94HB flammability requirements
- Meets ASTM® D746 low temperature brittle point –60°/–76°F
- Separate grounding conductor is required for all trade sizes
A separate grounding conductor is required for all trade sizes.
The outer surface of the jacket shall be clearly marked with the applicable print legend.
The completed LIQUID-TUFF™ Non-UL EXTREME TEMPERATURE Liquidtight Flexible Steel Conduit shall meet all of the applicable performance requirements.
|Product Code||Trade Size (inches)||Trade Size (mm)||Coil Length (feet)||Reel Length (feet)||Approx. Weight/100 feet (pounds)||External Diameter (inches) Over Jacket (min/max)||Internal Diameter (min/max) inches||Bend Radius (inches)|
|Ordering Information||Product Dimensions/Bend Radius|
|NOTE: All dimensions and weights are subject to normal manufacturing tolerances. Not for grounding.|